cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [docs] test publish from daisy
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:43:20 GMT
hepabolu wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:

>> See http://people.apache.org/~rgardler/cocoon-site/659.daisy.html
>>
>> (don't worry, there is a robot.txt file on there so this should not be
>> indexed)

> just had a brief look and this is what I noted:
>
> - you should use the navigation.xml file that is in the legacydocs
> collection as the main navigation.

OK

See: http://people.apache.org/~rgardler/cocoon-site/653.daisy.html

There are broken links now we switched to the new navigation. See
http://people.apache.org/~rgardler/cocoon-site/brokenlinks.xml

It is worth noting that you can break up the navigation into multiple
documents within Diasy and then bring them together into a single site
structure for Forrest. This makes it a little easier on the Daisy side
of things since you only see nav elements of interest to your current focus.

For example, we can have a nav document for User Docs, Dev Docs,
Overview, Live sites etc. Each of these sections could be given a tab
for easy navigation and can form the basis of a "daisy book".

Would you like me to illustrate this by splitting the user and dev doc
navigation files out?

> - I just checked: 653 is the home page. So you should remove the first
> entry in the navigation.xml I suppose.

OK

> - PDFs are empty/non-existent.

Seems to be a bug, I'll look into it.

> Also, I'd prefer a large PDF containing
> all pages (as in the Daisy books), to a small PDF per HTML page. So
> AFAIC don't bother creating PDFs.

I've turned PDF's off for now. Currently the Forrest plugin does not
support Daisy Books, but it should. In the meantime we can pull the
published book from Daisy. This is not a problem as long as we are not
trying to integrate content from different sources into the book (which
at present we are not doing).

Ross