cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The real Processor concerns
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 06:51:43 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>>Afaik, there are only two use cases for this: auth-fw and global sitemap
>>variables. Now, the reason why auth-fw is using this (or the
>>authentication manager of auth-fw) is to avoid name clashes. So you can
>>have two different sitemaps, let's say on the same level (both mounted
>>from the main sitemap), and they can define the same authentication
>>handler. Behind the scenes, we only have one authentication manager for
>>Cocoon, that evaluates the configuration depending on the sitemap the
>>current request is in.
>>With 2.2 you can define an authentication manager in each sitemap (or in
>>the xconf) and you're done. No magic anymore - this would require a
>>slightly changed configuration syntax for the manager.
>

> But you can do same in 2.1 - what do I miss?

It was not possible in 2.1 when auth-fw was added and it was not an
official feature of 2.1 - with 2.2 it's offical.

>>Now, global variables are done in the same way right now. I'm currently
>>thinking of extending (or reusing) the properties mechanism somehow
>>here. Don't know exactly how...but I'm sure we can find a good solution
>>for this as well.
>

> Hm :-) Are you sure it will be better than SitemapConfigurable? :-)

No :) Ok, for example we could have properties file next to the sitemap
and these properties are available as global variables for this sitemap
and all sub sitemaps. This might be a little bit cleaner. Don't no.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/