cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Is Cocoon Obsolete?
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 03:36:05 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> *my* problem is http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/
>
> Look at it... it's a monster... it includes *everything*. A javadoc is
> useless if it's too big to be used as a reference.

Isn't it *meant* to include everything? Isn't it the root idea of javadoc?
Personally I'd also link source code from there, but may be it's just me :-)

> Some of that stuff is meant to be used by developers using cocoon as a
> framework and some by developers developing cocoon itself.
>
> Not only, APIs are here and there, some in avalon, some in excalibur...
> great to see them linked together, but it would be even better if they
> were all in one place, with the same look and feel and with a single
> page to show all you have to know.

Similar thread pops up very regularly... I recall at least two threads on
infrastructure@ about setting up some uber-doc system. In addition, there are
more than one projects going on outside of apache as well...

> I think a better, leaner, cleaner javadoc would go a *LOOOONG* way to
> make things easier.

It might - I don't know what users are looking for...

Vadim