cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Removing author tags (again)
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 23:20:19 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

>> What has stopped us is that we need to keep a track of these to  give
>> credit. And also show to the world the incredibly large  developer
>> group we are :-)
>

> But if you give credit without a connection to parts of the code it's
> just a list of the committers (more or less)
>
> If you *have* a connection people will look people up in there...
>
> So either remove them or don't. But giving credit besides the
> community credits does not make much sense to me.
>
> *shrug*
>
> cheers
> --
> Torsten

1. It is my recollection that Apache Legal recommended removing the
author tags.
2. With maven every block can have the list of committers who
participate in the block in its pom.xml.  In addition, assuming it is
still supported in maven 2, each block can have a changes.xml (which is
equivalent to status.xml).

This should be enough to give the appropriate credit, IMO.

Ralph