cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: branch vs trunk
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 23:12:49 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

> With an upcoming milestone release of 2.2 we should IMO better define
> what goes into trunk and what goes into branch. Do we still want to
> add features or improvements? Or is 2.1 slowly moving to bug fixing
> only?
>
> WDYT?
>
> cheers
> --
> Torsten

My 2 cents.

Well, I'd say slowly is the operative word.

I certainly wouldn't recommend adding anything too radical to 2.1.x but
we have to expect that 2.1.x will continue to be the production base of
choice until about 2.2.1.  Now, I have no idea how many milestones there
will be but my guess (the folks working on maven would be that 2.2.0
could be released as soon as January.  Under the release often
philosophy to me that means that I would expect a 2.1.8 now and a 2.1.9
at the same time 2.2.0 is released.

However, this is compromised a little bit by the fact that it has been a
long time since 2.1.7 was released and there is a lot of stuff in 2.1.8-dev.

I guess I would say that it is business as usual with 2.1.x until 2.1.8
is released.  I would then suggest that only very minor enhancements and
bug fixes be added.  Hopefully, then 2.1.9 could be the final release on
the branch.

Ralph