cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: Releasing 2.1.8
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 23:00:54 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> We wanted to release 2.1.8 as soon as possible after the GT.
>> Now the question is, are there any open issues?
>>
>> I'm currently aware of two problems:
>> 1) Documentation - 2.1.8 does not contain the docs anymore, so we should
>>    find a way to add them in the distribution. I think a directory
>>    containing just the html docs (or pdf?) should be fine.
>>    In addition I think we should remove the targets for adding the docs
>>    and the api docs to the webapp.
>>
>> 2) Logging of exceptions - currently correct stacktraces are tied to our
>>    own logkit formatter (if I'm not mistaken), so as soon as you're not
>>    using logkit or not using this formatter, you don't get the correct
>>    stacktraces.
>>
>> Is there anything else?
>

> making the "include.block = true" overload "exclude.block.all = true"
> would go a long way to make things easier for users, IMO and should not
> but such a big change.

want it - got it.
check the trunk - if it's ok - I'll port it back to 2.1.

one simple gotcha:
if there is a conflict on the same level of granularity:

include.block.template=true vs. exclude.block.template=true,
include.all.blocks=true vs. exclude.all.blocks=true

it is always resolved in favour of include.* properties.