cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Removing author tags (again)
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 21:47:46 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>I think a long time ago we decided to remove the author tags, upto now
>nothing really happend :(

Yep. There was a positive vote (probably more than one actually), and
since then nobody adds new @author tags, meaning the information is
really not accurate.

What has stopped us is that we need to keep a track of these to give
credit. And also show to the world the incredibly large developer group
we are :-)

>I want to go ahead and remove them from the portal block, so perhaps
>this is a motivation for others to do the same for other parts.
>
>Now my question is, where and how do I put the authors to give them the
>correct credits?

Let's for now extract the information in whatever form allows further
processing (tab-separated or xml). We can then see how to present it
later. IIRC Bertrand did something for this.

Sylvain