cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Clarifying classloading in 2.2 [was Re: Classloader changes]
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:27:48 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Not so much against, but I think that adding a class loader on a block level
> makes it unnecessary to have global cocoon class loader, isn't it?

Hmm, yes, nearly - but I think we can make use of it in the
bootstrapping phase, e.g. to avoid problems with different versions of
logging frameworks etc. As soon as osgi is running, everything will be
handled by this.
In addition, I think, if we now start using the parent-last-cl we can
learn today where we don't use osgi and we can already benefit from it.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/