cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The real Processor concerns
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:19:07 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Can you explain how it will work then? Having xconf file sitting next to sitemap
> is just syntax sugar, it does not implement any new feature. So how this feature
> is getting implementing by taking extra syntax calories?

Afaik, there are only two use cases for this: auth-fw and global sitemap
variables. Now, the reason why auth-fw is using this (or the
authentication manager of auth-fw) is to avoid name clashes. So you can
have two different sitemaps, let's say on the same level (both mounted
from the main sitemap), and they can define the same authentication
handler. Behind the scenes, we only have one authentication manager for
Cocoon, that evaluates the configuration depending on the sitemap the
current request is in.
With 2.2 you can define an authentication manager in each sitemap (or in
the xconf) and you're done. No magic anymore - this would require a
slightly changed configuration syntax for the manager.

Now, global variables are done in the same way right now. I'm currently
thinking of extending (or reusing) the properties mechanism somehow
here. Don't know exactly how...but I'm sure we can find a good solution
for this as well.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/