cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <>
Subject Re: [RT] Clarifying classloading in 2.2 [was Re: Classloader changes]
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:53:14 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>>This can be avoided if javac knew how to work with class loader - as jdt does.
> So, as we are using jdt, we can remove these settings, right?

Unfortunately we still support javac and other compilers. And talking about
cocoon fat, some other compilers are 10 times (or so) smaller.

>>>In addition I think we should always use the paranoid class loader to
>>>avoid class loading problems.
>>I don't like using paranoid class loader always. I prefer current situation
>>where you can choose what you need.
> Hmm, yes, but with real blocks you have paranoid class loading anyway.

You mean parent-last classloader... Right.

> Each block will use the exact jars it depends on.
> Now, I think the paranoid class loader does do more good than harm, so I
> think we should just use it. What situations do you have in mind where
> the paranoid class loader would not work for you?

Well let's try it then - but it should be really called ParentLastClassloader or
some such, 'paranoid' has different feel to it... :)

View raw message