cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: The real Processor concerns
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:18:41 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Berin Loritsch wrote:
>

>>The only thing that needs the getComponentConfigurations() method is the
>>DefaultSitemapConfigurationHolder.
>>We need a new interface to support that contract.  Not all processors
>>need to use that.
>>

>Actually the current getComponentConfigurations() is used for passing
>per sitemap configurations to components. Now with 2.2 we can have a
>configuration file next to the sitemap. So by moving the configuration
>into the xconf file we can forget about this completly. The only problem
>I see is that this is an incompatible change. But appart from that I
>think we really should get rid of this feature completly.

There is nothing that says what its purpose is in the JavaDocs, so its
hard to say.  I based all my observations from the "Find Usages..."
option in IDEA.  I do agree that the configurations should be moved
outside of the sitemap though.  In all reality, it is very rare that you
would change a component's configuration.  The only time I can think of
is when you are defining an Action, but then again a properly defined
one will respond to information passed in as the item is being used.