cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The real Processor concerns
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:15:01 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> The only thing that needs the getComponentConfigurations() method is the
> DefaultSitemapConfigurationHolder.
> We need a new interface to support that contract.  Not all processors
> need to use that.

Actually the current getComponentConfigurations() is used for passing
per sitemap configurations to components. Now with 2.2 we can have a
configuration file next to the sitemap. So by moving the configuration
into the xconf file we can forget about this completly. The only problem
I see is that this is an incompatible change. But appart from that I
think we really should get rid of this feature completly.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/