cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Clarifying classloading in 2.2 [was Re: Classloader changes]
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:48:26 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> The problem is, that going for what you propose would mean that each block has
> to get its own classloader. In Amsterdam we only talked about *one global*
> classloader for Cocoon, but maybe I'm wrong here.

No, you're right - I was refering to "real blocks" with OSGi and then we
have a class loader for each block. And this class loader will be
"paranoid", so my point is that we can already make the "one
classloader" "paranoid".

> When blocks will become OSGi bundles, OSGi will use the meta inforamtion in
> META-INF/manifest.mf to setup a correct classloader with
>
>   - the internal classes
>   - the internal libraries
>   - all required bundles/packages (= resolving dependencies)
>
> and the  for a block/bundle.
>
> My point only is that we should keep things simple (= one global classloader)
> for 2.2, use M2 and its dependency resoluation mechanisms to ensure that we get
> the correct JARs and we shouldn't reimplement what OSGi already offers.

Absolutely :)

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/