cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: Roadmap for Cocoon Blocks
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:25:28 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> One thing, though, remember to also have a LinkRewritingTransformer
> that is block aware so that we can do

> and this gets translated in the right URL

We allready have, see
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon/trunk/src/webapp/WEB-INF/blocks/sample/sitemap.xmap?view=markup

for configuration of the LinkRewriteTransformer and the link element in
the begining of
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon/trunk/src/webapp/WEB-INF/blocks/sample/simple-samples2html.xsl?view=markup

for a (rather crappy) example of using it.

> (hopefully relative, so that we don't have issues with webapp
> proxying, or, if absolute, we need a way to configure where is the
> cocoon mountpoint as seen from the proxy side)

It is absolute right now, but if it is more convenient to have it
relative, we can make it relative. It seem a little bit complicated
though. We could start with absolutizing the URL of the page that is
link rewrited and then absolitize a link and from that calculate the
relative path of the link relative to the page. Would that be enough or
is there more to it?

> I'm currently doing
>
> http://simile.mit.edu/repository/linotype/trunk/stylesheets/absolutize.xslt
>

> with my latest linotype and I can't wait to get rid of all these hacks
> :-)

I have some own applications with such hacks and neither can I wait to
get rid of them ;)

/Daniel