cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FYI: 2.2 samples pages reorganized
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 13:36:43 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> I've just committed the changes that we started yesterday at the
> Hackathon, the first page of samples now shows links to a minimum number
> of samples, the rest being on a different page.
>
> I'd appreciate it if people could give it a try, I haven't had time to
> check all the samples yet.
>
> All formerly existing samples should still be there for now, but the
> page building mechanism is slightly different, so please check if your
> favorite sample is still there.
>
> -Bertrand

Just had a quick look and some things came to mind:

- as Carsten pointed out, the link to "all samples" is very unobtrusive.
- I really feel the need for a "back" link on each overview page or
maybe the Cocoon logo could be made into a link, going back to the first
page of the samples.
- if "core" is treated as a block, all "core" samples should be in one
page, like the samples for each block. I.e. "additional core samples"
should be either referenced on the core samples page or integrated.
- I really feel we shouldn't go deeper than 2 or 3 levels:

* first page -> sample page
* first page, all samples -> long list, block oriented -> sample page

If there are more sublevels we should remove them (I think there are a few).

- it seems that the list of blocks samples should be alphabetical, but
then groovy flow is out of order. Haven't look at the others yet,
although putting "Cocoon Forms" under "F" is not logical for an outsider.

Bye, Helma