cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Clarifying classloading in 2.2 [was Re: Classloader changes]
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 13:02:07 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>

>>Hmm, yes, but with real blocks you have paranoid class loading anyway.
>>Each block will use the exact jars it depends on.
>

> hmm, I wouldn't formulate it this way. The build system (M2) will make sure that
> there is only one include of e.g. log4j deployed as all blocks that depend on
> it, have a log4j dependency.

Hmm, I'm not sure if this will be the case :) For example, if two blocks
depend on let's say commons-collections, block A depends on version 2.0
and block B on 3.0, then of course each block should get it's own
version. Log4j is - as you said - the other case. We can set such
libraries to "provided" which means the environment will provide the
classes which could be our Cocoon core. Or we have to extend m2.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/