cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Roadmap for Cocoon Blocks
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 12:33:34 GMT
Jorg Heymans wrote:
> Ralph Goers wrote:
>

>>I hadn't thought of this before, but I suppose this means that end user
>>applications using Cocoon will need to be built with Maven 2?
>

> I'ld say they can but don't have to.

Right, if the user makes sure himself that the dependencies are resolved
correctly because a 2.2 block will not include the JARs it depends on but they
are copied into WEB-INF/lib at deploy time. M2 will make sure that only one
version of one JAR type is deployed.

Currently these dependendencies are declared in the Maven project descriptor.
Personally I don't have a problem with it as the alternative is having our own
mechanism. Shipping M2 with Cocoon 2.2 will be much simpler.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc