cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Clarifying classloading in 2.2 [was Re: Classloader changes]
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 12:28:41 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Hmm, yes, but with real blocks you have paranoid class loading anyway.
> Each block will use the exact jars it depends on.

hmm, I wouldn't formulate it this way. The build system (M2) will make sure that
there is only one include of e.g. log4j deployed as all blocks that depend on
it, have a log4j dependency.

What we must do in every case is using our own classloader that uses the context
classloader that is provided by a spec compliant servlet container as parent
classloader. The point now is that as we already change the classloader,
changing it a bit further doesn't make us more our less standard compliant.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc