cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <>
Subject [Docs] Articles on Cocoon
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 07:42:36 GMT

this is both a notification and some requests.

During the GT I've asked several people in the community to write an
article on an aspect of Cocoon. The intention is to get a series of a
few articles and have them published in an (online) magazine or other
relevant site to promote/expose Cocoon.

The intended readers are:
- those unfamiliar with Cocoon/those that think Cocoon is only suitable
for small, almost static websites.
- those that are familiar with Cocoon and run into a similar problem.

So the article should not be too technical, but give enough information
to help the readers in the second group to find more information. Given
the target group the articles should not be too long, certainly not more
than 5 pages, probably less.

So far I've been promised:

- Cocoon and large websites by Pier and Ross McDonald, focus on
performance issues
- Cocoon and security by Ralph, focus on security issues in internet banking
- Cocoon and AJAX by Sylvain, focus on how easy it is in Cocoon
- Cocoon and performance by Jack Ivers and Vadim, focus on a comparison
of XSLT processors
- Cocoon and CMS by Steven, focus on the role/advantages of Cocoon in Daisy

- are there more people willing to contribute articles that could fit
this series?

- what would be the most interesting site/magazine to get this series
published? I intend to get them up on our documentation site as well,
just have to figure out what the most effective publishing schedule is.

Bye, Helma

View raw message