cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Binaries for next releases
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:55:51 GMT

Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> Ralph Goers wrote:
>
>> That is an interesting thought.  It would be nice to be able to take
>> advantage of generics, the enhanced for loop and autoboxing.  But we
>> need to allow running with JDK 1.4 so we could use retroweaver to
>> allow that.
>

> Sounds really cool! I would love to be able to use Java 1.5. Have you
> any experience from using retroweaver
> (http://retroweaver.sourceforge.net/)? It has BSD license so we should
> be able to use it.
>
> /Daniel

No, I have no direct experience with Retroweaver. When I was looking at
workflow engines I came across PXE
(http://pxe.fivesight.com/wiki/display/PXE/Home) which uses
Retroweaver.  Supposedly it works pretty good.

BTW - I have seen references from various places that indicate simply
running (not necessarily compiling) with Java 5 performs better than
Java 1.4. If true users should be encouraged to do that whenever possible.

Ralph