cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: REQ Fixing really old bugs
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:36:28 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le 10 oct. 05, à 16:07, hepabolu a écrit :
>
>> ...while looking at Bugzilla I noticed some open bugs entered as far
>> back as 2002. Could someone have a look and do _something_ about it?
>> It's not a good sign that bugs are open thatlong...
>
> I don't think we'll ever get there, my last count says we have 303 open

286, or 252 without roadmap.

> Explain that the goal is to have an up-to-date list of relevant issues.

If it's old it does not mean it's not up-to-date. Just several examples:

   * 6200: Parser failure with validate=true when processing stylesheet

XML parser has config for validation - so we should either provide a way to run
Cocoon with this setting turn on, or remove this config and provide an
alternative (like validation block). Simply closing the bug achieves nothing.

   * 10827: ESQL <get-xml/> doesn't support namespaces

Either ESQL should be fixed - or removed completely. Closing the bug won't add
namespaces support.

   * 22732: Cocoon Servlet can't be included

Either we provide a way to include output of Cocoon, or update documentation to
state that such usage is not supported at all.

So IMHO, I'd leave the bugs in - simply closing them feels like deleting
articles from KB.

Vadim