cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [QVote] Configurable default for sitemap reloading
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 18:43:09 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

> I know :)
>
> But we already delay the checking and therefor heavily
> reduce the native filesystem checks ...and I was just
> playing devil's advocate here.
>
> So how many people (despite Carsten) are actually using it?
>
> I still think turning it off is FS ...but anyway :)

Now the funny thing is, that someone at the GT said (can't remember who
it was) that we are really good in not allowing things :)

I don't think it's FS, it's a simple switch. A check costs time, even
delayed it still costs time, so why not turning them off to avoid this?
And users will feel happy, they will say: "Look, in 2.2 you can turn off
all the reloading for production with one simple switch. Isn't this
great?" :)

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/