cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Clarifying classloading in 2.2 [was Re: Classloader changes]
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 17:48:47 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> In addition, we could define extra class paths in web.xml (containing
> directories/jars I think) which were added to the class path as well

IIRC, those were *not* added to the classpath, but on the contrary - it was a
way to indicate to the java compiler (used in xsp, for example) about any
classpath which was set in the container.

For example, if you have some extra lib in the tomcat/common/lib, it is visible
to Cocoon but java compiler does not know about it, hence the need to specify
extra class path elements.

This can be avoided if javac knew how to work with class loader - as jdt does.

> In addition I think we should always use the paranoid class loader to
> avoid class loading problems.

I don't like using paranoid class loader always. I prefer current situation
where you can choose what you need.

> A common problem are either Xalan and
> Xerces where you forgot to put the latest version (used by Cocoon) into
> the endorsed lib.

This problem is not existent anymore on jdk1.5

Vadim