cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [QVote] Configurable default for sitemap reloading
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 14:28:56 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

> IMO this is FS ...as long as the file system checks are cached the
> impact is
> sooooo minimal that even on high-load production system it should not
> really
> matter to much ...and we got rid of another option (that probably
> nobody has
> really used anyway because everyone is too lazy to turn it back on
> for every
> little change on the production system)
>
> ...or am I really mistaken?

Yes :) We always (ok, let's say to 95%) turn off the reload check - I
don't measured the real impact, but it's evident that checking consumes
time, we had to add the delayed source to make it work under load. So,
if you can't turn it off, this might mean that you have to increase the
delay if the load gets higher, I think.
Turning off and turning on reload checking is really a pita right now;
it gets soo easy with one switch. So this might be a chicken-egg
problem. As it is so difficult, noone really used it?

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/