cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [QVote] Configurable default for sitemap reloading
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:39:49 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Makes sense. IIRC this was already mentioned in the past when we
> discussed "source store", i.e. a source-oriented front-end to the store
> that allows objects read from sources (stylesheets, sitemaps, forms,
> templates, etc) to be more memory-friendly by being kept in the store
> rather than in private caches.
>
> The reloading policy would then be implemented in this "source store"
> component, once for all components that use it. This allows also to
> centrally implement the reload delay that also exists on the sitemap,
> and which directs the system to check for modification only
> periodically, thus reducing the number of filesystem hits under load.
>
> Now this requires quite a number of changes, so let's keep a global
> "check-reload" for the sitemap and condiser source stores after 2.1.8.

I'm talking of 2.2 only, so what should we do there? :)
Now, rethinking this and considering Max reply, it might make sense to
allow reloads of the one kind in production but not for others to avoid
the checking on each request (or the delayed check).

So what about a global property:
o.a.c.reloading=true|false
and using a "sub" properties like
o.a.c.reloading.sitemap and o.a.c.reloading.xslt and so on.

The "sub" properties default to o.a.c.reloading unlike otherwise specified.

The source store which we might have at some point can use this property
as well. Clients of the source store always specify the "type" like
sitemap or xslt.

WDYT?

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de