cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Releasing 2.1.8
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:23:11 GMT
> The simpler alternative would be a wget of the docs on cocoon.apache.org.
>
> My argument would be that there's no bad thing keeping the new docs
> system for 2.2.
>
> Helma, are there any glaring mistakes in the currently live docs?

The updates that have been put into the xdocs/Daisy are not in the live
docs and the FAQ is empty.
Also, some javadoc extraction process has resulted in a few duplicates
of sitemap components where one of them points to minor information and
the other results in a 404.

I've already added FAQ to Daisy, so going the Daisy book route and
getting the PDF and/or HTML will in any case result in all the
documentation you would expect from the navigation bar on the site.

OTOH: a few pages that I could not find in the obvious place in the xdoc
directory of the repository are included as a link in Daisy.
These pages are:

under section "Status"
- changes
- todo

most of section "Community" and "Project" and "Links". Most of these are
external links anyway and are thus repeated.

So my take on this would be: include the Daisy book PDF and/or HTML and
make sure that the few pages that are not included (i.e. those described
above), are still available on the web, and updated if necessary.

As a user I'd rather see updated documentation that is completely
different from the previous release than the current crippled version
that has the familiar look.

Bye, Helma