cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [QVote] Configurable default for sitemap reloading
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:08:36 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>

>>Does anyone mind if I add a setting that is used as the default value
>>for sitemap reloading? Currently you can specify on each mount if the
>>sitemap is checked for changes. Now changing this for each and every
>>sitemap is really annoying and as we are all lazy, I think just adding a
>>default I can simply switch on startup of Cocoon using our new property
>>mechanism would help.
>>So, if a mount does not have a value for check reload, the default is
>>used (which is currently always true), if it has a value this one is used.
>>

> IMO it doesn't even make sense to have this setting available in the
> sitemap engine, as *all* other files used by Cocoon at runtime are
> automatically reloaded by Cocoon if changed.
>
> Now I'm +1 for removing the "check-reload" attribute on <map:mount/>

Ok, so you always want to check for changes even in production? I would
prefer to turn off *all* checking in production by just using a property.
So what do you think of using a "global" check for reload property that
is checked by all components that do reloading (sitemap engine, flow etc)?

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/