cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Releasing 2.1.8
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 08:37:48 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> We wanted to release 2.1.8 as soon as possible after the GT.
> Now the question is, are there any open issues?
>
> I'm currently aware of two problems:
> 1) Documentation - 2.1.8 does not contain the docs anymore, so we should
>    find a way to add them in the distribution. I think a directory
>    containing just the html docs (or pdf?) should be fine.
>    In addition I think we should remove the targets for adding the docs
>    and the api docs to the webapp.

* As a temporary substitute we could indeed provide the
- PDF: simple, because 1 file to extract and include in docs dir.
- HTML: less simple, because it's a bunch of files, I could ask Bruno
what the best way to do this is.

I'd do the PDF in any case, since it's so easy. HTML is probably not
necessary then.

* removal of doc building tags is ok.
* api docs building tags should be left in as that is not addressed in
Daisy.

Note that, although 80% - 90% of the "legacy" docs is currently in
Daisy, there are some smaller parts missing, a.o. the snippets. And for
some parts of the docs (those not yet removed from the repository) I
have to check if they have been updated since the import in Daisy.

I'll see what I can do, but I think it's best to make sure ALL current
docs are in Daisy (updated if necessary) before we do this release.

Bye, Helma