cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: Releasing 2.1.8
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 08:10:44 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>We wanted to release 2.1.8 as soon as possible after the GT.
>Now the question is, are there any open issues?
>I'm currently aware of two problems:
>1) Documentation - 2.1.8 does not contain the docs anymore, so we should
>   find a way to add them in the distribution. I think a directory
>   containing just the html docs (or pdf?) should be fine.
>   In addition I think we should remove the targets for adding the docs
>   and the api docs to the webapp.
>2) Logging of exceptions - currently correct stacktraces are tied to our
>   own logkit formatter (if I'm not mistaken), so as soon as you're not
>   using logkit or not using this formatter, you don't get the correct
>   stacktraces.

This problem only happens in places where we wrap an exception in a
SAXException and log that SAXException. This is because SAXException
doesn't provide the getCause() method that's used by JDK 1.4's exception

However, if the exception is wrapped in e.g. a ProcessingException, the
problem doesn't exist.

A solution to this problem is to define our own "class XMLException
extends SAXException" that will provide this getCause() and change all
"throw new SAXException()" in our code with "throw new XMLException".