cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Gallardo <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: [SHRT] Cocoon on Rails Application Component Kernel (CRACK)
Date Sun, 09 Oct 2005 20:26:35 GMT
Max Pfingsthorn wrote:

>..

>>Lepido build
>>the whole cocoon application for you!" ;-)
>>

>Druid looks great. But wouldn't it be better to let users make an ER diagram and take
it from there? i.e. create db, java classes, ojb mapping, some default forms with the right
definition and binding. Then, the "only" thing left to do is adjust the template and you are
done! :)

Unfortunately, this does not solve the problem:

1. In a form we can have some fields that are calculated, hence there
does not exists a corresponding DB field for it.
2. In other situation, you don't want to use all the DB table fields in
the form.

IMHO, there is no a correct way to go from the DB table to the form.
More often than we though a DB table cannot be mapped to a form due the
defined interface.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo