cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <>
Subject Classloader changes
Date Sun, 09 Oct 2005 13:13:31 GMT wrote:
> Author: reinhard
> Date: Sun Oct  9 05:17:33 2005
> New Revision: 307410
> Log:
> rework classloading:
>  - add all [block]/COB-INF/classes directories to the classpath
>    (information is read out from wiring.xml)
>  - do classloading in CoreUtil only (remove it from environment)
> open tasks:
>  - use ReloadingClassloader instead of URLClassLoader
>  - make it possible to use packaged blocks too
>  - StatusGenerator doesn't show the context classloader information

As described in the comment above, classes in [block]/COB-INF/classes are added
to the classpath. The information, which blocks are added, is read out from

While doing this, I've (hopefully) cleaned up our classloading abit as I've
moved all the code into CoreUtil. I've tested OSGi and the per sitemap
classloader and both work as expected. Hopefully others can verify, expecially
if you can test with other servlet containers than Jetty.

If others are interested in helping us getting blocks (+ binary distributions)
sooner and want to do more than just talking, have a look at the open tasks
above :-p

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 1GB Speicher kostenlos - Hier anmelden:

View raw message