cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: [SHRT] Cocoon on Rails Application Component Kernel (CRACK)
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 14:59:56 GMT
Andrew Savory wrote:

> Hi Berin,
>
> On 7 Oct 2005, at 15:09, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>> Here's the deal: Cocoon is a very powerful publishing framework
>> adapted to do web applications, and Ruby on Rails is a very
>> empowering web application framework that can be adapted for a
>> number of purposes.  There are two very different mindsets behind
>> the two frameworks--and I believe we can leverage the very potent
>> lessons learned from Rails for the Cocoon framework.
>

> I couldn't agree more. In fact, I spoke about this at the GT this
> morning :-)
>
> The full slides with notes, videos etc will be available via the GT
> web site shortly, but until then you can see the basics at http://
> www.luminas.co.uk/andrew/raccoon.pdf
>
> Your SHRT goes into rather more technical detail than I managed.

Hopefully it can produce some more conversation topics at the GT.

I saw the PDF, but without the comments or extra talking points its hard
to get much out of it.  I.e. the questions are asked, some great quotes
(and a really nice looking presentation), but no content to walk away
with.  Hopefully that can be added in later.

As to the technical detail, I've used Rails and I've used Cocoon--I know
where things can happen.  Its possible and it can/should be done.