cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Docs] Semi-automatic update process of the Cocoon documentation
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 08:56:02 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>hepabolu wrote:
>>
>>>After talks to several people I feel we need a semi-automatic update
>>>process of the Cocoon documentation to cocoon.apache.org.
>

> We have always needed this, but not possible with the
> current setup of the project publishing mechanism at apache.org
> If committers want to help, then subscribe to site-dev at a.o
>

>><snip what="details of proposal"/>
>>
>>All sounds great, in fact, most of the "automated" publishing side an be
>>done by the ForrestBot. See http://forrest.zones.apache.org/
>>
>>The forrestbot can publish via various methods including SVN.

> For Forrest's own website, the committers use a local
> forrestbot. Two easy commands and a publish is done:
> 'build; deploy'. Then we have a cronjob on the server
> to do 'svn update'.
> See forrest-trunk/etc/publishing_our_site.txt

Actually, that is what I was suggestion for Cocoon in the short term.
Note the subject is for a "semi-automatic" update process. That is what
out local "forrest bot" process is (actually for me it is automatic
because David seems to be the only one who ever runs it ;-)

Use zones for the staging area (using the Forrest zone since it is
already set up). Committers run locally to actually publish.

> That is the method that i recommend at this stage.

+1

Thanks for clarifying David.

Ross