cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon Fat Test
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 08:08:13 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> However, to me "fatness" in distribution is somewhat moot point nowadays. I
> have had some concerns over the runtime RAM footprint, but have no conclusive
> numbers, whether it is a leak problem, or just caching going nuts. Scheduled
> server restarts doesn't sound like a good solution, but at the moment it is
> the 'cheapest' thing to do.

Usually there are two reasons for this: the memory cache is becomming to
big or you have a memory leak :) The first one can be handled easily by
configuring the store janitor correctly. As soon as you have configured
this one correctly, the only reason for an out of memory exception is a
real memory leak.
I think if you're using the ordinary Cocoon stuff, we are not aware of
any memory leaks. We did search memory leaks for many customers and most
time, the memory leak was in there own code which we could find very easily.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/