cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Continuation Time-To-Live Config Not Being Honored
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 07:43:09 GMT

Kris Schneider wrote:

>I work with Dan and here's the rest of the story:
>
>We ran into severe enough problems using flowscript on WebLogic 8.1
>(Rhino issues, really), that we had to switch to Java flow. As we've
>gone down that road, we've come to the realization that all of our
>continuations seem to have a time to live of ten minutes, regardless
>of how we configure the <continuations-manager> element in
>cocoon.xconf. As it turns out, JavaInterpreter uses a hard-coded,
>non-configurable value of 600000 for continuation time to live. Have
>we missed anything with regard to being able to configure that aspect
>of JavaInterpreter?

The issues with WebLogic are well known to me.  WebLogic includes its
own version of rhino which is incompatibile with the version used in
Cocoon 2.1.  You might be able to upgrade to the rhino version used in
Cocoon 2.2, if you really want Javascript.

Feel free to submit suggestions or patches to the JavaInterpreter if it
has a bug or doesn't do what you would like.

Ralph