cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From JD Daniels ...@kismetsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [RT] seven good reasons to close down users@cocoon.apache.org
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 15:51:04 GMT
I'd like to chime in here.

Your points make perfect sense, But as a user ( I say user because
cocoon internals are beyond my capability/time constraints to figure
out) I get stuck with a "WTF" moment, struggle, struggle, struggle,
Email users@, wait maybe 3-4 days, rewrite the mail because maybe I'm
not being clear on my problem, ask again, wait a few more days, then
mail the dev list. Answer usually shows up in 6-8 hours ( I think
because I am in western Canada, and you all are asleep when I mail :) )

I have all these messages in the same mail folder, and I am just as bad
about  reading the user list and answering the questions I am able to.

The first 2 years were, basically, hell. But once I figured out the
basics, I find my self not reading the list so much, and just emptying
the folder when I hit about 2000 messages (Pausing on the usually very
interesting [RT]'s ) because everything works now - I figured out how to
use it, I am off making my own POJO's to plug into the basic cocoon
install I have settled on. I have a suspicion that the drop in traffic
is attributable to this - users simply evolve. The questions I have to
ask now (As opposed to when I started with cocoon) simply can't be
answered by the other new people on users@

I think consolidating the two lists would be very helpful because it
will be a single resource we all would use.

Maybe I am talking out my *** , but there's my thoughts.

JD