cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cocoon.getComponent returns a proxy
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 14:48:03 GMT
Upayavira wrote:
> Jörg Heinicke wrote:
>
>>>How do I stop the component manager offering me a proxy and force it to
>>>give me the object itself?
>>

>>Maybe this one: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=111539705900002&r=1&w=4 ??
>

> Strange, but it works. Implementing Component made it work. Presumably
> that doesn't matter in Cocoon 2.2?

This is due to compatibility between using ComponentManager (returning a
Component) and ServiceManager (returning just Object). The ECM always
creates a proxy if a component does not implement the Component
interface. So you'll get your component/proxy even if you're using
ComponentManager.

We removed ComponentManager and friends in 2.2 completly, so 2.2 does
not create proxies anymore.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/