cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jdk 1.3: thanks
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 11:00:25 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le 3 oct. 05, à 21:30, Antonio Gallardo a écrit :
>
>> ...I WASTED not only my last weekend, but a lot of time keeping the
>> f*** java 1.3 compatibility...
>

> I agree about the *** but anyway, THANKS Antonio for this work.
>
> Keeping 1.3 compatibility for the 2.1.x branch has been a community
> decision IIRC, and it's thanks to regular contributions like yours that
> this decision is a reality.
>
> Now, of course, 1.3 is not that important today and we can certainly
> drop this soon - but dropping it in between minor releases wouldn't be a
> good idea, so big thanks!

Big +1 here!

I wasn't around when this decision was made and I was surprised to read
that you don't need it yourself either, so that proves all the more the
effort and commitment from you Antonio.

I'd suggest we all need to explicitly let you know how much we
appreciate your work and dedication, rather than have you deduct
implicit compliments from a discussion that's going off-topic by the
time you felt compelled to react.

So once again: BIG THANKS.

Bye, Helma