cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [RT] Is Cocoon Obsolete?
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 10:01:52 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> On 4 Oct 2005, at 10:16, Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>
>> You really don't help us.
>
> Are you sure about this? Especially when you say:
>
>> [...]
>>
>> We are a strong community with a great product that is going to be
>> even greater, we can make it.
>
> The first resource of open-source is ego.
>
> Since Stefano said "Cocoon is Obsolete", all I noticed were a lot of
> egoes all saying together "We'll prove you wrong". Can you do it? :-P
>
>     Pier (who loves watching this)

Ego is a factor, especially during the "new and cool" phase, but for a
mature community and product like ours, there are much more to it.

And I have to disapoint you, proving Stefano wrong is not much of a
motvation for me. It might be fun during a mail discussion, but it is
certainly not enough motivation for spending a lot of time coding and
polishing designs.

The discussion might do some good for our current community, but from a
marketing POV I find Stefano's statement, bad news.

/Daniel