cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeroen Reijn <j.re...@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: [RT] seven good reasons to close down users@cocoon.apache.org
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 09:55:36 GMT
Jorg Heymans wrote:

> Splitting up mailinglists works for other OS projects because either
> 1) they have a self sustaining user list with a lot of advanced users
> willing to help out eg Spring forums
> 2) the developers *actively* help out on every post eg maven-users

As an active Cocoon user I agree with Jorg on this one.
I personally think that we should maintain the two lists, but get more active
committers on the user list. I guess that if cocoon had up to date documentation
it would be less necessary, but that's not the case right now. It would also be
nice to be able to add comments to pieces of documentation, so users can add
usefull information to certain subjects.

Sometimes I'm reading posts on the dev-list that make completely no sense to me.
I've been working with cocoon for 2 years now so I can imagine that for somebody
who is new to cocoon those subjects are pretty scary and maybe create the idea
that cocoon is very hard to understand.

Well the good side to Stefano's email is that it's getting everybody focussed
(especially everybody on the dev-list). I think this will give us enough to talk
about the next couple of days. For those comming to the hackathon or GT. See you
tomorrow, thursday or friday!

Jeroen