cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [RT] Is Cocoon Obsolete?
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 09:16:54 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> The same kind of wonder I had when this thread started - as in "oh no,
> this is sooo easy and self-centered!".

Yes self-centered and irresponsible.

                      --- o0o ---

Stefano,

We are a large number of people who got inspired of your visions and
have spent years on develop and implement them. Some have even built
companies around Cocoon. Now everyone who want to start using Cocoon in
a project, sell products based on it or services have to fight:

 "The founder of Cocoon find it obsolete."

You really don't help us.

                      --- o0o ---

And, we are reinventing our selves. It takes much more time and effort
than I would wish, but what cool stuff don't.

And we have stopped waisting time and energy in the "my way or no way"
ego battles that stopped so much development initiatives before. Now we
are geting things done and are heading towards our goals in an
incremental and evolutionary way.

Certainly there are lot of thing we must improve: focus, release habits,
documentation, modularity. But that is not going to happen by defatism
of by self pity. It is going to happen by dedication and work.

We are a strong community with a great product that is going to be even
greater, we can make it.

/Daniel