cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geert Josten <Geert.Jos...@daidalos.nl>
Subject Re: [RT] seven good reasons to close down users@cocoon.apache.org
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 07:51:20 GMT
Hi,

I'm mainly active on the users list, but being a full-time developer I am also monitoring
the dev
mailing list, just to keep my eyes open for new interesting features..

I do think that the feedback on the users list is rather low. Traffic on that list is usually
much
lower on the users list than on the dev list. So I would like to encourage either more dev
people to
monitor the users list, or to do some merging of some kind.

Just as we speak, a message called "multiple xpaths" has been reposted on the dev list by
someone
who was not satisfied with the response on the users list. And more important, I am very sure
that
other members on the users list are interested in answers from dev people as well.

Too bad you cannot cross-post between the two lists, that alone could have made things easier.

> I am also against "user" list. It has a degenerating tone to it, and the fact
> that many developers are not subscribed to user@ seems to promote that notion
> further.
>
> My suggestion;
>
>   1. Rename the list "support@" or some similarly positive term.
>
>   2. Route all support@ mails to dev@ with a [SUPPORT] subject marker. That
>      keeps users who want to be protected from the RTs, wild dev discussions
>      and so on.

+1 to this idea. Though, where should answers go?

Cheers,
Geert