cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Gallardo <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: [RT] Is Cocoon Obsolete?
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2005 19:30:55 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> Now, in an environment where every committer/consultant worries about
> his own private customers and their JDK version numbers, I wonder if
> and when this will ever take off. In an environment where consultants
> expect the project to care for the fact they try to make money on the
> project, reality becomes warped.

Great comment, Steven. I feel my self direct addressed with this
statement. Because I WASTED not only my last weekend, but a lot of time
keeping the f*** java 1.3 compatibility. Yes, seems like it is not big
deal for all of us. But just for the records, let me state:

"No one of my customers, employees, myself nor my family use or used
java 1.3.x at all!"

Now, I know what this work means for other community members. Thank you
for let me know I wasted my time, trying to keep a DAMN coontract we
have with our user base! I will choose now to do better things with my
weekends. Fortunately, in my country is summer the whole year!

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.