cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lazy mode (was Re: [RT] Is Cocoon Obsolete?)
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2005 15:57:32 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Interesting question. If we ship with dev mode on, many people will
> deploy in dev mode. On the other hand, if we ship in production mode,
> many people won't see the features of dev mode.

Exactly :(

> A solution is to ship in dev mode, but ensure that people know they're
> in dev mode. With a big splash, either in the console, in a transient
> Swing window (appear for 5 seconds and disappear) or why not as the
> first page displayed in the browser.

+1

>>Now, for the modes, if we solve everything with properties, we can
>>provide one directory for each mode containing different property files
>>and then simply tell Cocoon to load all property files from a specific
>>directory. This is already implemented in 2.2 anyway.
>>

> You mean that we can already choose at startup time where the property
> files are loaded from?

I thought so, but I was wrong :( - but it's not hard coded and adding a
variant here that chooses the directory based on "something" is very
easy to do. I think we should discuss this at the hackathon and then
simply implement.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/