cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Continuation invalidation strategies
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2005 06:02:50 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:

>> Do these different invalidation strategies make sense at all? If yes,
>> are others interested in seeing them in our code base? WDYT?
>
> The best scenario in my case would be to keep not even a single
> continuation tree but a single continuation chain. Any new top level
> continuation or a fork in current one automatically invalidates the rest
> so all the time there is only one way back. I think for most desktop
> alike web applications continuation trees (or even a multiple ones) are
> overkill.

What do you mean with "web application continuation trees are overkill"? Do ou
propose to keep only one continuation of one tree alive? Or do you mean only to
keep one continuation tree alive and to invalidate all others?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

Was denken Sie über E-Mail? Wir hören auf Ihre Meinung: http://surveylink.yahoo.com/wix/p0379378.aspx