cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [RT] Is Cocoon Obsolete?
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2005 12:53:48 GMT
Luca Morandini wrote:

> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>
>> if we succeed in attracting a large user base,
>
> Are we ?
>
> Consider:
> 1) Declining cocoon-users activity.
> 2) Reduced attendance (so far) to GetTogether (and it shouldn't be,
> since Amsterdam is a more accessible, if less fascinating, location).
> 3) Struts being more and more popular.

It might be as you imply, the question is where we want to go.

> My 0.02 EUR: I think Cocoon will remain a "niche" framework, used for
> complex applications and/or by gifted developers.

Maybe, but I think we can increase the number of users by making ocoon
less complex to use by refactoring and the blocks architecture. And not
least by doing the polishing and little things that failes to stir
Stefano's entusiasm.

Another question is if we want to grow the user base. My opinion is that
we should grow the user base, that means that we get more testing, more
people who become developers, and larger oportunities to get paid for
doing fun stuff.

/Daniel
'