cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OSGi Bundles, Re: svn commit: r292305
Date Sat, 01 Oct 2005 13:29:25 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> Forms and Portal have own logkit snippets that are included in the
> global logkit. I just wanted to support that, I have no strong opinion
> about if it is important or not, ask Carsten.
:)

A usual Cocoon installation contains very often more than one
application, and you might want to log messages of one app to one target
while logging the messages of another app to another target.
Now, you can do this my providing one single logging configuration file
(being it logkit.xconf or something different), but this requires to
patch the configuration during the deployment of your app.
So basically it's the same problem as you have with the cocoon.xconf. We
agreed that patching is bad and therefore created the nice configuration
inclusion mechanism. I think it's just natural to use this for logging
configuration as well.

With real blocks, I think you might want to configure logging on the
block level (application = block).

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/