cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] bugzilla issues cleanup
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:32:17 GMT
After our recent discussions
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=112895329800001&r=1&w=2), I suggest
cleaning up our bugzilla issues, with the help of those who entered
them, as outlined below.

As this impacts our user's perception and the handling of our
all-important issues list, I'd like to have your votes before
proceeding.

Here's the plan:

0) Send a warning to dev@cocoon.apache.org, that 1) will generate a lot
of mails from bugzilla, people should filter them to a different
folder.

1) Set all open issues (except those filed since September 1st, but
including patches) to resolution=LATER and PRIORITY=P5, and add to each
issue the comment shown under "Bugzilla comment to send" on
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon BugzillaIssuesCleanup. This can be done
en masse in bugzilla.

This will send a mail to issue reporters, people in CC and assignees
(which means many mails here).

2) People receive the mail with a link to
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/BugzillaIssuesCleanup and find detailed
instructions there.

They can either close the issue if it's not valid anymore, or reopen
it, see the wiki page for details.

3) We wait 2 weeks, until October 31st

4) After this deadline, Issues in state LATER and containing
BUGZILLA_CLEANUP_2005_10 are  those which were not confirmed, we can
reopen them if we want, or they stay in that state, with priority=P5 in
any case.

I'm planning to do 1) on Monday the 17th, to start the process.

The planned migration to Jira
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=112902740900001&r=1&w=2) will have to
wait until this process is done.

Please cast your votes, here's mine: