cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Docs] Articles on Cocoon
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:01:35 GMT

>> Actually I had this idea a while ago. The Cocoon bible. Written by
>> the people who wrote it. Having a couple more authors to split the
>> huge task.
>>

> Uhm. Isn't this what the documentation should be all about?

That's what it should be ...and I think we are making good progress.

Sylvain showed me the Cocoon docu in a single pdf. That's great.
Maybe we just need to revise it a bit from the print perspective and
get people to really commit on writing a chapter on certain topics.

I just assume having a few people getting there names onto a cover
will help with the commitment ;)

> Instead of doing the FOO-jerk, just make sure our documentation is
> republish-able in a paper format at all times?
> ORA even has a series for that: http://www.oreilly.com/oreilly/
> author/ch01.html#series and look for "community press".

Awesome ...that would be the perfect fit!

> Of course, that's easier said than done. But I stopped dreaming of
> finding time to write something when I stopped caring for my name
> on a cover.

Hehe

cheers
--