cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [docs] test publish from daisy
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 04:09:00 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> >
> >Is there a way to have non-numerical URL in daisy?
>
> Yes, and no.
>
> Daisy completely separates the front-end application (the daisy-wiki)
> from the back-end repository.
>
> In the repository it is only possible to have numerical document IDs.
> However, in the daisy-wiki it is possible to create non-numerical Id's
> for pages. In fact, it is possible for a single page in the repository
> to have multiple non-numerical ids. These are defined in the navigation
> documents.
>
> So, to reproduce a non-numerical URL space you must retrieve the content
> via the daisy-wiki or you must use the navigation document to lookup the
> non-numerical ID (knowing which one to use can be a problem, depending
> on how the Daisy docs are set up).
>
> Using Forrest, the answer would be to create a Locationmap from the
> navigation document, thus mapping non-numeric client URLs to repository
> numeric ids (which is essentially what the daisy-wiki does).

The issue is not only mapping the numeric Daisy ID to
the actual filename. We also need to maintain the old
URL-space at cocoon.apache.org/2.1/

The docs structure can change when we do 2.2 but
not for 2.1

I think that Bruno created a logfile when importing
the original svn repository, which would provide that
mapping. Does someone know where that is?

So Ross, are you suggesting to programmatically create
that locationmap.xml as a once-off task, e.g. Perl
to read that logfile and create the locationmap.

We also need to create the navigation index
for the left-hand side panel.

It would have a lot easier to do this documentation
movement for the 2.2 release.

-David